Liferea 1.14.0 released
Here comes the newest stable release line of Liferea 1.14!
Features introduced with 1.14
First: Many thanks to all the contributors and package maintainers that made this possible!
- New 'Reader mode' preference that allows stripping all web content
- Implement support for Webkits Intelligent Tracking Protection
- New progress bar when loading websites
- Youtube videos from media:video can be embedded now with a click on the video preview picture.
- Changes to UserAgent handling: same UA is now used for both feed fetching and internal browsing. User agent now indicates Android+Mobile per default instead of suggesting a Linux desktop to better adapt to the smaller (in comparison to browsers) rendering pane. Additionally special env vars LIFEREA_UA and LIFEREA_UA_ANONYMOUS now also affect the internal browsing.
- New view mode 'Automatic' which switches between 'Normal' and 'Wide' mode based on the window proportions.
- Liferea now supports the new GTK dark theme logic, where in the GTK/GNOME preferences you define wether you "prefer" dark mode or light mode
- Favicon discovery improvements: now detects all types of Apple Touch Icons, MS Tile Images and Safari Mask Icons
- Increase size of stored favicons to 128x128px to improve icon quality in 3-pane wide view.
- Make several plugins support gettext
- Allow mutiple feed in same libnotify notification
- Redesign of the update message in the status bar. It now shows a update counter of the feeds being in update.
- You can now export a feed to XML file
- Added an option to show news bins in reduced feed list
- Added menu option to send item per mail
- Default to https:// instead of http:// when user doesn't provide protocol on subscribing feed
- Implement support for subscribing to LD+Json metadata listings e.g. concert or theater event listings
- Implement support for subscribing to HTML5 websites
- Support for media:description field of Youtube feeds
- Improve HTML5 extraction: extract main tag if it exists and no article was found.
- Execute feed pipe/filter commands asynchronously
- Better explanation of feed update errors.
- Added generic Google Reader API support (allows using FeedHQ, FreshRSS, Miniflux...)
- Now allow converting TinyTinyRSS subscriptions to local subscriptions
- New search folder rule to match podcasts
- New search folder rule to match headline authors
- New search folder rule to match subscription source
- New search folder rule to match parent folder name
- New search folder property that allows hiding read items
- Now search folders are automatically rebuild when rules are changed
- Added new plugin 'add-bookmark-site' that allows to configure a custom bookmarking site.
- Added new plugin 'getfocus' that adds transparency on the feed list when it is not focussed.
- Trayicon plugin has now a configuration option to change the behaviour when closing Liferea.
- Trayicon plugin has now an option to disable minimizing to tray
- New hot key Ctrl-D for 'Open in External Browser'
- New hot key F10 for headerbar plugin to allow triggering the hamburger menu
- New hot key Ctrl-0 to reset zoom
- New hot key Ctrl-O to open enclosures
Fixing hidden panes: Many Liferea users did suffer from invisible pane (e.g. a minimized feed list or HTML view) upon startup. With certain desktop environments / themes making the pane grips invisible it is hard to grip the correct pixel to restore a pane.
Now Liferea will never allow the panes to be smaller than 5% in height or width regarding to there orientation. If a pane is smaller than 5% height/width it will be set to 30% width or 50% height on startup.
The intention here is that panes are never invisible after startup.
Wait for network to be fully available before updating: sometimes when real internet access takes longer to come up then your WLAN connection Liferea did update feeds to early resulting in errors. Now Liferea waits for full internet connection.
- 2-pane mode was removed
- Dropped CDF channel support
- Dropped Atom 0.2/0.3 (aka Pie) support
- Dropped blogChannel namespace support
- Dropped photo namespace support
Get Liferea from https://github.com/lwindolf/liferea/releases/tag/v1.14.0