|Chef||Ruby||Builtin||Builtin||Pushy (knife plugin + ZeroMQ)|
- Bcfg2: Alternative to puppet and cfengine by Argonne National Laboratory. (IMO out-dated)
- cdist: configuration with shell scripting
- EMC UIM - Unified Infrastructure Manager, VCE VBlock (enterprise, commercial)
- slaughter (Perl, active, small user base)
- Sprinkle (Ruby, quite recent)
- Rundeck - Workflow manager for node - role systems like EC2, chef, puppet ...
- IBM Tivoli
Finally it is worth to check the Wikipedia Comparison Chart for other less known and new tools!
- Augeas: Very flexible file editor to be used with Puppet or standalone. Could also work with cfengine.
$ augtool augtool> set /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/PermitRootLogin no augtool> save
- cfengine - Force running shortly after a recent execution
- cfengine - Design Center: Git repository with sketches and examples for cfengine.
- cfengine - Find and install sketches from the Design Center repository
# cf-sketch --search utilities Monitoring::nagios_plugin_agent /tmp/design-center/sketches/utilities/nagios_plugin_agent [...] # cf-sketch --install Monitoring::nagios_plugin_agent
- SaltStack - Run commands
salt '*' cmd.run 'apt-get install bash'
- SaltStack - Batch concurrency
salt '*' state.highstate -b <count>
- osquery - Facebook SQL facter
echo "SELECT * FROM etc_hosts;" | osqueryi $ osqueryi osquery> SELECT ...> u.username, ...> g.groupname ...> FROM users as u ...> JOIN groups as g ON u.gid = g.gid;